Chris Farley was a popular American comedian. He was indeed an effective comedian who made a lot of people laugh with his entertaining acts. He was one of the members of Chicago’s Second City and afterward became a cast member of the Saturday Night Live Show between 1990 and 1995.
Farley was recognized for being intense and aggressive – that is how he delivers his comedy style. And his comedy style was seen effective as it brought laughter to millions of people. His love for comedy was so obvious that you would see him so engaged in his portrayals and guesting.
Interesting Quotes Uttered by Chris Farley
Chris Farley had his ups and downs in life. He was human, after all. But despite his shortfalls, Farley left a lesson to people – the value of laughter and the significance of respect and acceptance. People long to be happy, and we have ambitions that we long to fulfill. Farley left some interesting quotes that we can also relate to our lives.
Here are some of the interesting quotes uttered by Chris Farley:
1. “The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn’t a crazy glue sniffer.”
Nothing in this world can be so sure, even if someone gives you the assurance. A lot of things can happen. Things may not turn the way we expect them. The Guarantee Fairy in the quote basically refers to the assurance that you get from people or services. But the lesson left here is that you cannot completely fall for the guarantees given to you. You should back up your ideas with hard work and determination. You need to do something.
2. “Everyone is treating it like a Hollywood story. In Madison, it’s a neighborhood story.”
That is the reality of life – your story can be an issue of the whole nation, depending on your status. People would talk about your life and make you the center of the talk, and then that becomes on how you will manage the talks of the people. You see, we cannot control the thoughts of other people. If they make it a big deal, then that is something you cannot change. But maybe the best thing that you can do is to create a story that would inspire them.
3. “Basically, I only play one character; I just play him at different volumes.”
As we grow, we develop a certain character that becomes who we are. We stick to that character because that goes with our principles. But there are times that we need to bend our attitudes to adapt to the environment. We change the loudness of character because we want to be recognized. We establish a strong volume of our character because we want to establish credibility. But then, at the end of the day, we recall what kind of character have we actually formed?
4. “Once I thought that if I just had enough in the bank, if I had enough fame, that it would be all right. But I’m a human being like everyone else. I’m not exempt.”
The quote is a perfect illustration of life’s reality. People work so hard to earn money and grow their wealth. People value so much about fame because they think that this would grant them the respect of people. Many tend to forget that life is not about the material things that gather. True happiness is not found on wealth and fame. Rather, true happiness is found by the people that we value. True happiness is when we have lived a life that inspired many people to do good.
5. “I have a tendency toward the pleasures of the flesh. It’s a battle for me, as far as weight and things like that. But I’m curbing them because I want to continue to do comedy, and the two don’t mix. So I try to fight those demons.”
We all have demons in different forms. These are things that hinder us from being productive and good. There is no way that demons can help us in any way. We need to defeat them if we want to direct our life to a promising future.
6. “People need a time to laugh. It’s up to us to bonk ourselves on the head and slip on a banana peel so the average guy can say, ‘I may be bad, honey, but I’m not as much of an idiot as that guy on the screen’.”
Laughter is good medicine. People need it to release pain and stress. People laugh in order to feel good. But we should never relate life into a joke. We may do funny and stupid things that would lead us to regret. But what is important is we wake up from that misbehavior and prove to others that you were not entirely fooled.
7. “I want to live fast and die young.”
This quote is a reminder to us that we should value every single moment in our life. We should seize each day and live life to the fullest. Live a meaningful life. Be someone that would please God so that when the time comes that you will have to leave this world, you know that there is none you should regret.
8. “I used to think that you could get to a level of success where the laws of the universe didn’t apply. But they do. It’s still life on life’s terms, not on movie-star terms. I still have to work at relationships. I still have to work on my weight and some of my other demons.”
The real essence of success relies on how you have wonderfully obeyed the laws of life. You should develop a healthy relationship with people. Forget the anger and make many friends. To be successful is to conquer your fears and defeat all your demons – hatred, vices, and jealousy.
9. “Everybody laughs when fatty falls down.”
We work for our dreams, and once we become successful, some may not feel the happiness of seeing you succeed. But when you fail, some would rejoice. This is a sad reality. When you think people are turning their back from you, do not get discouraged. Do not forget that it is you that develops your life. You don’t live to please other people. Your utmost objective should be to please God.
10. “I signed on as the clown, and, by golly, I’ll keep up my end of the bargain.”
When you devote yourself to do something, and you know that there is a good reason behind that, no matter what happens, you must deliver it as promised.
11. “You enter strong and you exit strong, and you’re going to be OK.”
Life can be tough. A man should have to courage to face the challenges in life. If things are not meant to happen, a man should learn to accept defeat and be proud that he tried. Life goes on.
12. “I can’t help it. I want to be a good Catholic, but I’m a hedonist.”
Searching pleasure over other values are never permanent. Being a good Catholic may not be easy. But if you understand the real essence of being a Catholic, you will be determined to prioritize it above all.
13. “The great comics can fall on their faces, but then they can say, ‘Oh, baby, you’re the greatest.’ They show their heart and their vulnerability.”
Humorous people can be brilliant people to get along. However, it does not mean that they cannot be sincere with their statements. They utter jokes to make people laugh. But you should also understand that they also have the heart to be sincere and sympathetic.
14. “I seem to get motivated a few months at a time, and then something stressful breaks the routine, and I just fold.”
We get inspired to do things that would lead us to success. But challenges can come along the way, which means that the way towards success isn’t smooth already. Would you simply give up if things get harder? The value found in this quotation is not to quit, even if things become very stressful.
15. “Brothers don’t shake hands. Brothers gotta hug!”
Shaking hands or hugging a friend, we should give our brothers that warmth feeling – respect and love.
16. “I was glad to be sober, but after ninety days, people weren’t patting me on the back anymore, sayin’, ‘Good job on the sobriety! Go get ’em’!”
You need to dedicate time to calm and be disciplined. There are times that you have to become loud, but being calm and sober can grant you peace. Do not wait for other people to commend you for being calm; you are doing it for yourself.
17. “I have a nice apartment now that’s all taken care of. I make my bed every day.”
Be grateful for the little things you achieve. But always do your part to organize your life. Do not rely on your future to other people.
18. “In the land of the skunks, he who has half a nose is king.
Even those with lesser opportunities or people with limited abilities can be superior and treated specially by people who have lesser abilities and opportunities. The significance of any abilities relies on its prevalence.
19. “You gotta fight for your right to vote!”
It is the responsibility of everyone in the country to develop a harmonious nation. Finding the best people to lead the country would be the smartest move. Thus, people should exercise their rights to vote.
20. “Let me tell you why I suck as a sellman…”
Being a Sellman is an honorable profession. But not anyone could fit for it. The hardest thing about sales is that you should persuade people to like your service or product. If you don’t sound convincing, then it is most likely that you will not earn a profit.
21. “I went and worked for my dad after school. I’d show up late and stuff like that.”
Consider yourself privileged if you get a decent job. If you value your work and realize its importance, you should learn to dedicate your time and effort. A job would make you feed your family. If you don’t get a job, your family will die in hunger.
22. “I can get a great look at a T-bone steak by shoving my head up a bull’s ass, but I’d rather take the butchers word for it.”
Some things could be very risky. But if you know someone you trust and he says you’ll be fine, you might as well take the risk.
23. “First off, I am 35 years old. I am divorced. And I live in a van down by the river.”
We may feel miserable with how things are going on. Some can be very devastating. But you should learn to live with a positive outlook. There is always hope.
24. “My first vision for this was that maybe 500 people would show up. So thank you, guys. This is awesome.”
Never question your abilities. Sometimes you will be surprised by the number of people who support you. These people see your potentials, and they believe in you.
25. “You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn’t you rather take his word for it?”
Things can be a lot easier if you learn to trust. Trusting is believing the credibility of the person. Trusting is knowing that the person is good.
26. “We couldn’t register everybody. I’m thrilled by just the number of people here. The running community has really come together.”
Supports can flood your way. Be thankful to the people who would show you genuine concern and love. They are your jewels.
It was like yesterday that we were going through the compelling lines of Chris Farley. For people who got the chance to know Farley, they are grateful for learning some of the most important lessons in life left by him. It is already given that Chris Farley did not have a smooth journey. Just like any common individual, he was mad and naughty – yet, he was a person of value.
A lot of people who followed the career of Farley knew that he had an issue in alcohol and drugs. His problem was even more severe compared to a typical teenage binge drinking and seldom drug use. He was out of control and it was tough. Farley faced the battle, unfortunately, he lost.
Farley taught us many things. First, at some point in our lives, we get astray. Thus, we should not burden people who were lost with judgment. Farley taught us to always treat defeat with decency and grace. That people deserve to be respected. That we cannot win all races, but despite that, we should always give our best especially if it is our heart’s passion.
These interesting quotes of Chris Farley aim to leave a lesson to the readers. They aim to inspire and motivate them to become better versions of themselves. Although Farley is already gone, it is good to know that with these inspiring quotes, his presence and legacy are still acknowledged. Learn from the quotes of Farley.