Growing up, having a sister or a brother has an impact on our physical and mental health. The experience of being surrounded by one can shape who we will become later on in life. You then turn to become selfless and to develop sympathy.
Your siblings can naturally make you a healthier, happier, and better human being. Take a look at your sister and brother as they can be a source of major wellness perks. That is already something for you to celebrate. Make sure to give thanks to your siblings today. But, remind them to say thank you to you.
Listed below are some of the best wonderful siblings’ quotes that will remind you to feel more grateful about having them.
1. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.”Marian Sandmaier
Siblings are the closest ties we have that they knew everything about us. All our good and bad sides kept by no one but only them. They hold the keys to the truest door of us.
2. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.”Maya Angelou
The birth of sisters or brothers is a chance for them to become siblings. While we couldn’t hand-pick them, they are still the same people who will become our fiercest enemy or greatest ally. But, we need to put all the hard work as we feel they are worth having.
3. “My siblings are my best friends.”America Ferrera
Siblings have already been there for you—for all the awkward phases, terrible tantrums, bad haircuts, new jobs, and heartbreaks. You can call them when you need honest advice and when you need someone to cheer you up as they act like best friends.
4. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.”Baz Lurhmann
This quote only guides us to be always nice to our siblings. They are our door to the past, and they are the ones to stay with us, no matter what, in the future.
5. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite”Elizabeth Fishel
A sister always holds up the mirror and serves the image of who you really are. Who you want to become is also exactly the opposite of her.
6. “In this life, we will never truly be apart, for we grew to the same beat of our Mother’s heart.”Daphne Fandrich
Life may have its turnarounds and changes to come. But our siblings will always be there, making us not feel we’re apart.
7. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”Desmond Tutu
God has always a dream; that’s why He has chosen sisters and brothers for you. No matter how they are as siblings, you can never renounce them. They will remain forever your siblings.
8. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.”Deepak Chopra
This quote only reminds us that we cannot do things in life alone. Our family, in particular to siblings, help is achieving greater things in life. And without them, just imagine how dull life may be doing things alone.
9. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.”Clara Ortega
This quote is true to most siblings’ life. A sister who is so timid and drowsy can act like a tiger once in her life. That ultimately is brought by the impending trouble of others toward her sibling.
10. “They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.”Karen White
There is no doubt that siblings are the ones you spend most of the time together during the childhood days. The moment you reach old age, an encounter with your siblings turn you back to childhood.
11. “Siblings. the definition that comprises love, strife, competition, and forever friends.”Byron Pulsifer
Siblings are the truest example of people who can love, strive harder, and compete more with you. They will remain as your friends forever and always.
12. “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!”Catherine Pulsifer
No one in this world could care for you more than your family and your siblings. At times you’ll feel like they don’t care, but your heart will rest knowing they are there to look out for you and will always be there.
13. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring quite often the hard way.”Pamela Dugdale
Siblings are truly the people you enjoy doing things together. You mature with them and outgrow your childish and selfish ways. A sibling relationship is and has always been bounded by kindness, cooperation, and caring despite the hard days faced.
14. “Siblings are branches of a tree some stay close some go in different directions they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.”The Omani Shed
This quote tells us something about siblings that are exactly the same as the branches of a tree. As time goes by, some of them will stay by your side while some hold on to their dreams high and pursue them. They achieve successes in life and widen their circles until then they find their life.
15. “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were”Betsy Cohen
No one has had the upbringing experience the same as yours than your siblings. They are treasures you will cherish the entire life.
16. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.”Kim Kardashian
When in life you have a lot of siblings, it is a blessing you must be thankful for. It feels like you already have your best friends in the form of siblings.
17. “Sibling relationships… outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty, and distrust.”Erica E. Goode
Sibling relationships are lasting in life. They equate to survival and flourishing, leading to warmth, distance, distrust, and loyalty. Indeed, siblings will always be siblings.
18. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.”Jeffrey Kluger
The clear explanation of this quote is that while parents leave you earlier, and kids and spouses come later, your siblings are the only people who knew you from the time you’re not fully formed yet.
19. “A bond as important as that of a husband and wife, is the bond between siblings”Lee Dong-Wook
The bond between a wife and a husband is truly as important as the bond before between siblings. Just as the latter best represent the present, past, and future. And sisters and brothers can say good things between one another than no one can.
20. “If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day. that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.”Amaury Nolasco
It is important to show your love towards your siblings as they are the people whom you come home to every single day. It is beautiful to feel saying these loving words. Don’t wait for a day to come to say a word.
21. “A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.”Shiv Sharma
A sister who already is there in your life is the person who ordinarily loves you from the bottom of her heart. Despite times of arguing, you both will never be divided. She will be there to stay with you and give you joy.
22. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.”Cali Rae Turner
Here is the quote that makes you understand that a sister is like a friend. You know that whatever you do, she will always be there for you.
23. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.”Was Adamson
Sisters and brothers are among the good things that happened in our life. We need to value them because they play a part in having a cherished relationship.
24. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.”Chuck Danes
Siblings grow together but later on in life, end up distant due to life’s demands and jobs. Still, love is a profound element that joined them again.
25. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.”Jolene Perry
Having a brother truly feels like you have a superhero. Brotherhood does not let each other wander alone during those dark times.
26. “My sister accommodates me, never reproaches me with her doctrine, never tries to change me. She accepts and loves me, despite our differences.”Joy Harjo
A sister is far more accommodating in life than any other. She is just the person who won’t push you further to things you don’t like. She will just accept and love you wholeheartedly despite individual differences.
27. “Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don’t love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with-sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.”Deborah Moggach
Only your siblings can bravely accept you no matter what. When in front of your friends, you can show on a good face. But with siblings, you can be tedious and boring anything you want to.
28. “An older sister is a friend and defender—a listener, conspirator, a counselor, and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.”Pam Brown
You can be feeling lucky knowing you have an older sister, and that’s enough. She is a total package for bringing you delight, counseling you, conspiring, and listening to you.
29. “Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you.”Carol Ann Albright Eastman
You can always live at peace, knowing that there are your sisters and brothers. They are proof that the purest love of all comes from them. They are also indeed a part of you.
30. “When you have a lot of siblings, you always do something to feel special.”Lee Daniels
Since you are surrounded by a lot of siblings, it is like you are the moon surrounded by the stars. Your siblings are created by God to make you feel special.
31. In some ways, siblings, and especially sisters, are more influential in your childhood than your parents.”Deborah Tannen
Aside from your parents, your siblings also hold a big influence in your life, especially during your childhood days. Salute to them who have been there ever since the beginning.
32. “God blesses him who helps his brother.”Abu Bakr
Like since you can help others, the more that you need to help your own brother. Open your hand wide and share whatever blessings you have.
33. “The happiest days of my youth were when my brother and I would run through the woods and feel quite safe.”Rachel Weisz
In your mind is the remembering of the happiest days of your life while you were young. You are then fond of the memory with your brother. Of the running through the woods that make you feel like there’s no other place in the world to be safe than be with a brother.
34. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.”Epictetus
We are all human beings born to commit mistakes. That also includes your brother, who has, once in his life, done something wrong against you. Despite the wrong-doing, always remember that he is your brother.
35. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?”Pam Brown
Who in the world could ever go against a relationship as strong as sisterhood? That is why if you have one in your life, continue to strengthen the bond and support one another.
36. “How do people make it through life without a sister?”Sara Corpening
Just imagine without a sister to back you up through those days of hardships? A sister is part of your childhood; you could never be lost.
37. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other. they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.”Leonardo de Caprio
Having brothers does not force you to move past an ordinary person. You just stay true to what makes you feel comfortable while with them.
38. “Nothing can stop me from loving my brother.”Brandy Norwood
It’s always good to make your brother feel loved just as when you’re alive. So, show your love towards him in each day of your life.
39. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?”James DeVries
If you have had no sister around to share the good news, it’s like an experience is taken away from you. So, be thankful if you have one and count her as your blessing.
40. “Sister is our first friend and second mother.”Sunny Gupta
A sister comes as the first friend we met while one acts as a second mother next to your real mother. It goes to show that you are blessed more than ever for having a friend and mother into one.
Growing up with siblings around is already a big blessing. Life will never be the same if you have no older or younger siblings. Having them around to look up to is one of the best experiences ever!