Being thankful to the Almighty is one of the best habits you can develop at any stage of your life. It doesn’t require much effort, but the after-effects are profound.
Therefore, you should spare a few minutes from your busy life every day to thank God for everything you have. Repeated action will yield a better life, both physical and mental.
If you’re looking for quotations about thanking God, you’ve come to the right place. Explore an extensive collection of “Thank you, God” quotes that’ll get you closer to the almighty, spiritually.
When using the quotations about thanking God mentioned below, you need to take care of a few things. These ensure you get the most of your prayers.
- Concentrate and focus on the exact words as you speak them. This would help ensure you’re being genuinely grateful from the bottom of your heart.
- Pick the quotes that suit the occasion the most. This would make your message more relevant and trustworthy.
- Also, consider the religion of other people who will be using the quotes. It’s better to be specific whether they follow Christianity, Hinduism, or Islam before selecting and using the quotes.
- Recite the words in a private room with little to no noise. The almighty loves to interact with us in a secret place.
- Call his name wherever possible. Chances are, a few quotes won’t include the title at the beginning. But it’s best to affix his name before beginning the phrases.
Now that you know what you should do, here are a few things you shouldn’t do:
- Refrain from using the quotes on surfaces or objects that’ll be placed on the floor. It’s considered disrespectful and inappropriate.
- Don’t repeat the same quotes over and over again. Lord doesn’t appreciate devotees who do it to impress God or those around them. It’s not the same as repeating a prayer to help settle your mind and heart.
- When using quotations in a congregation, it’s not recommended to read out loud or yell to be heard in the crowd. This would deviate you from the real purpose of prayer. Also, some people view it as a tortured effort at prayer.
- Don’t apply wit, eloquence, or charisma to the quotes. It will hint at you being conspicuous. Even worse, it could alter the true meaning.
20 quotations thanking God
Here’s a collection of 20 quotations about thanking God. We will break it down based on the time of the day to make it more relevant for the occasion.
Morning prayer quotes
1. Dear Lord Jesus, today is your day. And I desire your will to be done today. No matter what the scenarios are, just hold my hand, and let’s face them together, Amen.
2. Heavenly father, I give my words to take action on your promises that I have been making mine. I vow not to let my human-self talk me out of my spiritual inheritance. I will take action on every promise that you have given me, almighty. Amen.
3. Today is a new day, a new beginning, a new opportunity. Yesterday is the past and gone with it are any mistakes, failures, and regrets. I thank you for this new opportunity to experience something new. Amen.
4. Dear almighty, as we rise for this new day, please fill us with your holy, divine spirit. Let my presence spread love, joy, and peace. Empower me to become more like you. Amen.
5. Father, I sincerely thank you for blessing my entire family. Like always, I hope you’ll keep our enemies at bay and protect us from falling. Whenever we feel anxious and tensed, I request you to comfort them.
6. For this new day, please guide us in recognizing you above all else. Please help us make the right choices amidst uncertainty. Let your spirit breathe in us. In your name, almighty, Amen.
7. Dear lord, I’m weary. I feel exhausted with no foresight of when this restlessness will end. But I believe in you. I believe you’ll guide me to overcome another day. No force is powerful enough to separate me from you. I thank you for your blessings.
8. Through this prayer, I’d like to thank you for the abounding grace. I’m grateful for the river of abundant grace and love that flows for my family and me. I hope we get to quench our thirst every day. Amen.
9. Lord, I need to hear from you for guidance. Empower me to recognize your voice in the middle of chaos and restlessness. Help me obey your orders with dignity and center my life on you. Amen.
10. You are my hope, you are my savior. Lord, I’m running to you with my arms stretched out. Please grab me in your arms and save me from the negative energies out there. I trust you to the fullest.
Mealtime prayer quotes
The food might be prepared by your mother, wife, or a chef, but it’s God who is the ultimate creator of food. No matter how many meals you have in a day, you need to thank God. Thank for all the resources he provides. Here are ten prayers you can recite:
11. O lord, I thank you for this great meal that is placed before us. Forgive us if we ever took these gracious moments for granted. As we intake the food, let it nourish our bodies and mind. Amen.
12. O gracious almighty, help me recall the hunger when I have a meal. When I work, help me remind the times when I was jobless. Every time I receive something, help me remember the times when I was without it. I thank you for this food that you’ve presented before me.
13. I thank you, on behalf of all the members, for this wonderful gathering together for this occasion. We thank you for the food and resources you’ve provided to us. As we cherish these lovely gifts, I pray for our health and strength.
14. As we gather here to have this generous meal, I pray and request you to be with us by our side. Be here and everywhere adored. May you shower us with your love and care as we partake of this food.
15. So many people around the world go hungry every night. But, o lord, we’re thankful for this ample supply of food. Thank you for the precious meal we have in front of us. We pray for ourselves and for those around the world who sleep hungry. Amen.
Bedtime prayer quotes
The Almighty has protected you from hostile forces throughout the day. Now that you’re going to bed, it’s important to thank him for the guidance. Here are a few quotations you can make use of:
16. Dear lord, I’m thankful for the wonderful day. Please bless me with rest tonight. I need you by my side as I sleep with faith in you. Amen.
17. O almighty, please forgive me for the sins I might have committed during the day. I’m sorry that I failed to hear your voice during those times. As I go to sleep, may I gather enough strength to battle another day tomorrow. Amen.
18. O heavenly Father, grant me a good night’s sleep. I’m thankful for the day and the numerous blessings I have received. When I wake up in the morning, may I get enough strength to help others as you have helped me.
19. I, on behalf of my family, thank you for holding our hands throughout the day. You were there when we needed you. And I hope you’ll be there tomorrow and forever. As we all go to sleep, we put our faith in you to protect us. Amen.
20. Dear lord, I’ve had enough for the day. I can’t take it anymore. But I believe in you. As I go to sleep, I put my faith in you to soothe my mind and soul. Tomorrow will be harder, and so will your love for me. Please put me to sleep as I go to bed.
As you go through the quotes, you’ll realize that each quote is created for a specific purpose. For example, the first prayer quote for mornings is to create a sense that the divine lord is with you for the day.
Similarly, the first prayer quote for mealtime is to focus on the moment. The second quote gets a broad overview of the entire world. Also, you’ll notice that the mealtime quotes are for families. If you’re having your food alone, you might use a different quote altogether or change the noun.
Pick and use the quotes that are more relevant in your case. As mentioned earlier, you might have to make it religion-specific. Hindus and Muslims don’t use Amen. So you might consider replacing them.
These 20 quotations about thanking God will help you connect with him. In the process, you’ll realize that you’ve become a better human being.