Luck is one of the best things here on Earth. Some people feel lucky while others are wondering whether they have any kind of luck. To make yourself feeling lucky, here are some of the best quotes that talk about luck. Here’s a collection of wise, inspirational, and even humorous luck quotes.
1. “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.”Cormac Mccarthy
Sometimes, a person doesn’t realize how lucky he or she is. Sometimes, you assume you are less fortunate for having this or that when in fact that something is making you lucky and blessed.
2. “The sun doesn’t just hang on one family’s tree.”Anchee Min
This quote means luck is not centered in one person or family. Every person might be lucky in a different way.
3. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.”Dalai Lama XIV
Sometimes, destiny is trying to test you, which makes you feel you’re not lucky enough. Just keep on pursuing to reach your dreams.
4. “I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”Thomas Jefferson
Don’t just depend on luck because it works better when combined with eagerness and perseverance. Work hard, pray, and start finding your fortune.
5. “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”Roman Payne
Whatever you do and wherever you go, always keep in mind that God is always, watching over you. You are so lucky.
6. “I’ve found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.”Brian Tracy
Luck is sometimes found when you’re brave enough to face challenges and risks. Just keep going, and fortune will pay you for all your effort.
7. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work.”Harry Golden
Luck is often far from a lazy person. Thus, you need to change for the better if you want to be luckier.
8. “The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself.”Douglas Macarthur
Don’t depend on someone else or something for your luck. Instead, be good, determined, and start working. Exerting more effort will make you luckier in the long run.
9. “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
Achieving your goals and dreams in life is not always easy, especially when you’re depending on luck. Instead of relying on fortune, start working harder to make those goals and dreams come true. Remember, every good deed repays you with something good.
10. “Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster, and not many people can keep their balance on it.”Hunter S. Thompson
Luck can be good and beneficial to people, but not everyone can have it. Some people seem so lucky while others don’t. So, don’t depend your entire life on luck but work hard to achieve success.
11. “The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.”Wilson Mizner
Yes, luck will change only when you start exerting effort. Luck is always there, but it won’t do the magic if you do nothing for your life and future.
12. “Name the greatest of all inventors. Accident.”Mark Twain
Oftentimes, inventors were lucky to create their greatest inventions by accident. They didn’t depend on luck, but luck paid for their efforts, time, and dedication.
13. “Luck never gives; it only lends.”Swedish Proverb
Luck is never generous. Instead, it just offers some sort of help. The success will still depend on you and your determination.
14. “Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent.”Langston Coleman
Luck will save you from difficulties once it sees you exerting much effort. Just work on and stay determined to achieve your dreams. Luck will be there to work with you for those dreams.
15. “It’s hard to detect good luck – it looks so much like something you’ve earned.”Frank A. Clark
God does not just give luck to anyone. You have to work for it and prove you deserve it. You need to earn it by exerting effort.
16. “People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have.”Anne Tyler
It is not luck. It’s perseverance and determination instead.
17. “Luck, good or bad, is the invisible play of mind upon affairs, the effect of mental aptitudes and habits which are not in sight, but which work and bring forth their due issues.”James Vila Blake
People believe in both bad and good luck. No one can see them or even touch them. People get these lucks based on what they do in each day of their lives.
18. “What we call luck is the inner man externalized. We make things happen to us.”Robertson Davies
A person’s luck and destiny depend on his or her personality, attitude, and deeds. Bad luck goes to one with a evil heart while good luck has been reserved for the one with a good heart.
19. “Luck was something you either earned or invented through strength of character. You had to come by it honestly; you could not trick or bluff your way into it.”Patrick Dewitt
Luck is never easy to get. Instead, you need to work hard for it – to achieve it. You can’t try achieving it by using tricks. You can’t even jump into it.
20. “When luck is on your side it is not the time to be modest or timid. It is the time to go for the biggest success you can possibly achieve.”Donald Trump
Whenever you feel lucky enough, you have to take advantage of the moment. While it’s there, why should you not embark on the biggest challenge that life could bring to you? Luck will walk you through to reach the biggest possible success in life.
21. “Luck is not chance. It’s Toil. Fortune’s expensive smile is earned.”Emily Dickinson
Luck can’t be obtained by chance. You need to work hard to attain it. You have to prove that you’re deserving to be lucky.
22. “Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast; in the stream where you least expect it, there will be a fish.”Ovid
Luck is everywhere. You may not be able to see it coming, but rest assured luck will be on your way once you need and deserve it.
23. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”Seneca
To achieve success in whatever you do, you should always be prepared. Opportunity is abundant but can’t be found everywhere. Luck will help an eager, prepared person grab the opportunity to reach success.
24. “Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men.”E.B. White
Luck is not for everyone. Not all person can enjoy it.
25. “Luck is the residue of design.”John Milton
In every little to big success you achieve, you got it not because of luck. You’re lucky but you got those goals out of your perseverance.
26. “Although men flatter themselves with their great actions, they are not so often the result of a great design as of chance.”Francois de la Rochefoucauld
Good fortune does not come along with a person since birth. Instead, it comes along with each time a person takes risks and faces challenges even if he’s not sure about achieving success.
27. “Chance corrects us of many faults that reason would not know how to correct.”Francois de la Rochefoucauld
Be grateful that you are getting chances to change and make things right. That only means you are lucky.
28.”Depend on the rabbit’s foot if you will, but remember it didn’t work for the rabbit.”R. E. Shay
This quote means you should stop relying on fortune cookies or lucky charms. They may work but only when you double your effort and dedication in making your dreams come true.
29. “Good luck beats early rising.”Irish Proverb
They say people who wake up early are lucky. However, people are more likely to be lucky if they stay eager and determined to attain success. Good fortune will come along even to those who wake up late after getting a job done right last night.
30. “I think luck is the sense to recognize an opportunity and the ability to take advantage of it. The man who can smile at his breaks and grab his chances gets on.”Samuel Goldwyn
This quote says luck is the ability to see opportunities that are worth grabbing. Luck and opportunities will never come along if you do nothing in life.
31. “Nothing happens by chance, my friend… No such thing as luck. A meaning behind every little thing, and such a meaning behind this. Part for you, part for me, may not see it all real clear right now, but we will, before long.”Richard Bach
Some people don’t believe in luck. Well, good fortune arrive to those who never get tired of working for their dreams and ambitions.
32. “If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.”Maya Angelou
Luck seems to be a fantasy. Many times, it does not work on its own. Lucky people are lucky not just because they are blessed, but it’s because of their endless efforts to succeed.
33. “Luck is the idol of the idle.”Proverb
Good fortune is aloof to people who prefer not to work hard and do anything. Idleness will never cause any good to one’s life.
34. “Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.”Garrison Keillor
Everything you have in life, even if you don’t aim to get them, can be fruit of your luck. Be thankful that you got them as those things can be unreachable dreams for others.
35. “Luck is tenacity of purpose.”Elbert Hubbard
In most cases, this quote is true. Luck does not come by easily. It is often the fruit of never-ending desire to achieve something.
36. “Chance favors the prepared mind.”Louis Pasteur
You don’t need luck. Instead, look for a chance – a chance to fix your faults or a chance to pursue whatever goal you have in life.
37. “The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators.”Edward Gibbon
Luck favors not just the determined and eager ones. It also goes with clever people.
38. “Ability is of little account without opportunity.”Lucille Ball
Your ability and skills are useless if you don’t use them for the available opportunities.
39. “Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered.”William Shakespeare
Fortune is giving you opportunities that you need to fulfill your dreams.
40. “If one does not know to which port is sailing, no wind is favorable.”Seneca
Don’t assume that luck will take you where you should be. Instead, it will wait for you to work and try to discover your destiny.
41. “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.”Barbara Sher
As said before, do not expect luck to come to you on its own. It needs your willingness to work hard. The more eager you are, the luckier you can be.
42. “Luck always seems to be against the man who depends on it.”unknown
Luck doesn’t want you to become dependent. It wants you to be independent. Work for your goals, and be certain that luck will help you in all your endeavors.
43. “Good luck is the willing handmaid of an upright and energetic character, and conscientious observance of duty.”James Russell Lowell
Luck is closer to a person who is active, eager, and energetic.
44. “A lucky man is rarer than a white crow.”Juvenal
People are different not only in terms of preferences and behavior. One person may be completely different from the rest. So, whatever you are good at, just believe you are lucky that others do not know about it.
45. “Luck generally comes to those who look for it, and my notion is that it taps, once in a lifetime, at everybody’s door, but if industry does not open it luck goes away.”Charles Spurgeon
Start looking for luck as you work hard. You will see it along the way, for sure.
46. “Better an ounce of luck than a pound of gold.”Yiddish Proverb
You don’t need so much luck to ensure your success in whatever you want to reach. Just a few of it coupled with your overflowing desire and effort will be enough to succeed.
47. “Throw a lucky man in the sea, and he will come up with a fish in his mouth.”Arab Proverb
A man is lucky if he’s smart, hardworking, and persistent. Whatever life throws to him, he does not depend on luck. Instead, he succeeds out of his own skills and abilities.
Luck is not about having everything you want when you wish for anything. Being lucky is simply being able to believe that you are happy and satisfied with the simple blessings you receive each day.